Harness horses have to be a part of the show in Beekbergen. Founder Bertus van Tergouw has a passion for the Dutch harness horse. So Mieke van Tergouw and Aris van Manen made a plan for a very special show.
After the appearance of Adelinde Cornelissen on Sunday afternoon June 30, there will be several carriages with harness horses in the main arena. The best drivers and horses from the top in the Netherlands will present themselves. All disciplines come together at once: single, ladies, pair and tandem.
The participants are:
– Single: Harry van Middelaar driving Icanita (Colonist x Stuurboord), owner: Toon van Doorn
– Ladies carriage: Anneke Borkent with Imondro (Cizandro x Jonker) from owner Fitzpatrick (England)
– Pair: Lambertus Huckriede with Bisuniss (Vlasco x Perfection) from owner Egberink and the horse Haarman (Manno x Perfecion) owned by Stal Huckriede
– Tandem: Leendert Veerman driving Amadeus (Saffraan x Manno) and Eribo (Manno x Renovo), both his own horses
– Single: Henk Hammers with Heliotroop Vdm (Colonist x Reflex) a KWPN stallion owned by Jaap van der Meulen
A show like this has never been presented and will be great to watch. The show is scheduled to 13.30 hours on Sunday 30 June in the main arena. There will be no entrance fee.
(photo credit Rinaldo de Craen)